Thunder Scientific Corporation is seeking a highly motivated, trained, and experienced Calibration Technician for our calibration laboratory located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Thunder Scientific is recognized as the world’s leading manufacturer of NIST-proven, two-pressure humidity calibration systems. We are an ISO 17025 and ANSI Z540 accredited company, specializing in humidity/low humidity, temperature, and pressure calibrations. You will have the opportunity to work in a first-class calibration laboratory environment for a quality-focused company that encourages employee empowerment and stresses customer satisfaction.
To perform inspection, calibration and certification of Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) to comply with technical specifications, engineering drawings, and manufacture’s tolerance with accuracies traceable to (SI) through the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Additional duties within the typical scope of daily laboratory operations include environmental monitoring, uncertainty calculations, new procedure development, compliance with quality system requirements, troubleshooting and repairs, on-site calibrations at customer locations and participation in ongoing projects to improve and expand laboratory capabilities and infrastructure.
Experience And Education:
- Graduate of a Department of Defense Metrology and Calibration formal training course or equivalent civilian formal training in the field of metrology preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as a Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) technician or equivalent civilian work environment. Experience shall include inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying TMDE and laboratory working standards using safe working practices and utilizing the required documents/procedures.
- Thorough understanding in the care and use of TMDE
- Working knowledge of the calibration and maintenance of physical, dimensional, mechanical and flow TMDE and calibration laboratory measurement standards
- Sound comprehension of electrical, electronics, electromechanical, mechanical, physics, flow and thermal principles; mathematics and number systems
- Knowledge of electrical theory, electronics and/or physics, and operating principles of TMDE
- Knowledge required to read, interpret/analyze block, schematic and wiring diagrams, blueprints and technical publications
- Proficiency in troubleshooting techniques, calibration traceability, metrology techniques and safe laboratory practices
- Strong familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540 publications preferred
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word and Excel) and quality management systems databases
- Must have strong customer service skills (verbal and written) and be able to work independently
- Prior experience as a Calibration Laboratory Manager and/or Quality Manager is advantageous, but not required
Salary And Benefits:
Thunder Scientific Corp. offers industry-competitive salary based on experience
Thunder Scientific Corp. offers competitive benefits including health & life insurance, dental insurance, vacation/sick leave time, tuition assistance, and 401K
Interested applicants send resume and requirements to:
Click the Submit Resume button to attach your resume. Put in the subject line of the E-mail: Thunder Job Resume Attached.
Your resume must be in these two formats:
*Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader or compatible (PDF) format.
*Microsoft and Word are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
*Adobe, and the Adobe Reader are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.