TIG Welder/Machinist: Level II
Full Time – Entry Level Position
Thunder Scientific Corp., based in Albuquerque, NM, is the world's leading manufacturer of NIST-proven, two-pressure humidity calibration systems, and has an immediate opening for an experienced Welder/Machinist.
- Must be proficient in TIG/GTAW of stainless steel and mild steel; with and without purge
- Must be proficient in oxyacetylene brazing and soldering of copper and brass
- Must be able to operate machine tools necessary to saw, cut, drill, bore, tap, turn, mill, and grind parts
- Must be able to operate electric/pneumatic hand grinders, die grinders and DA sanders in order to perform grinding and finish sanding of parts
- Possess a working knowledge to safely use hand tools for drilling, tapping, and honing of metal parts
- Must possess ability to use measuring instruments such as calipers, protractors, micrometers, dial indicators and different gages to maintain accurate dimensions and tolerances to specifications
- Must be able to use/follow welding drawings, blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions
- When required, must possess sufficient knowledge to perform quality checks on other welder’s work
- Must be willing and able to safely operate forklift; training and certification will be provided
- Perform other welding, machining, and fabricating tasks as required
- Must be able to work alone without constant assistance from supervision
- Must be well organized, a strong communicator and have a team-centered focus, possess a friendly, proactive personal style with exceptional communication skills
- Experience in a similar work environment
- Must be drug and alcohol free
Experience And Education:
Applicant must possess high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate. 5+ years of similar experience is preferred but may be waived based on applicant’s skill/ability.
Thunder Scientific is a drug-free/smoke-free workplace.
Prior to receiving a job offer, the candidate may undergo an initial background check, a reference check, and drug screening. Additionally, random drug screening compliance is required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience
Competitive benefits including health, life, vision and, dental insurance. Vacation/sick leave time, tuition assistance, short/long term disability, and 401K/Profit Sharing are also provided.
Please send a current resume, and salary requirements (no phone calls) to:
Thunder Scientific Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
623 Wyoming Blvd. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123-3198
Click the Submit Resume button to attach your resume. Put in the subject line of the E-mail: Thunder Job Resume Attached.
Your resume must be in these two formats:
*Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader or compatible (PDF) format.
*Microsoft and Word are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
*Adobe, and the Adobe Reader are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.