Thunder Calibration Services
Accredited Humidity Calibration Services
Thunder Scientific's calibration laboratory is accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP), (NVLAP Lab Code: 200582-0), to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1994. Calibration services are available for Thunder's complete line of humidity generators. In addition, Thunder Scientific provides instrument calibration for virtually any humidity measurement device or dewpoint hygrometer.
Thunder Now Offers Guard Banding
What is Guard Banding?
Guard-banding is a technique to protect against incorrect statements of conformity caused by measurement uncertainty. With guard-banding the test limits are reduced in proportion to the actual measurement uncertainty. This helps reduce the False-Accept Risk of a device during calibration.
Guard Banding Levels
- Option 1 (No additional charge): Manufacturer’s and/or user’s specifications are listed in the calibration report; measured values greater than specification are identified. No conformance decision (Pass/Fail) is made or implied.
- Option 2 Guard Banding (Additional charges apply): Conformance decision taking the measurement uncertainty into account using ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 Handbook Method 6, with a Probability of False Accept (PFA) of less than 2%. Formula: TLPFA2% = SL – U95% x [1.04 – e (0.38*ln (TUR) - 0.54)]
- Option 3 Guard Banding (Additional charges apply): Conformance decision taking the measurement uncertainty into account using ANSI/NSCL Z540.3 Handbook Method 5 (conservative, tighter guard band approach deducting the measurement uncertainty from the upper and lower specification limits). Formula: TL = SL - U95%
- Option 4 Custom decision rules (Additional charges may apply): Thunder Scientific may support other customer-prescribed decision rules. Please provide details on your calibration quote so your request can be evaluated by our technical staff.
Reason to Calibrate
- Traceable to the International System of Units (SI) through a national metrology institute (NIST) recognized through a CIPM MRA, Humidity – Dewpoint – PPM, temperature and pressure
- NVLAP accredited calibrations compliant with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 – ANSI/NCSL Z540-1994
- Inquire about special transportation shipping cases to ship your generators back to Thunder
- For full NVLAP Scope and Certificate click here.
|Volume ratio, V (PPM)||0.1 to 3 PPM||4.0% of value|
|3 to 200 PPM||2.0% of value|
|200 to 400000 PPM||0.1% of value|
|Dew/Frost Point Temperature||-90 to < -80 °C||0.50 °C|
|-80 to < -70 °C||0.20 °C|
|-70 to < -35 °C||0.10 °C|
|-35 to < -27 °C||0.05 °C|
|-27 to 70 °C||0.03 °C|
|Relative Humidity||>0% to <5% RH||0.02 %RH|
|5 % to 98% RH||(0.17% * R) + 0.016 %RH|
|Tests for response time||all ranges||upon request|
|Tests for hysteresis||all ranges||upon request|
|Tests for stability||all ranges||upon request|
Thunder Scientific has qualified calibration experience with a large inventory of humidity sensing equipment including psychrometers, hygrothermographs and RH/Temp data loggers. Thunder Scientific delivers your calibration with as found and as left calibration data per the guidelines of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
Thunder's Calibration Laboratory
Call or click the Calibration Quote link to get your quote today.