TIG Welder: Level II
Full – Time Position
Thunder Scientific Corp., based in Albuquerque, NM, is the world's leading manufacturer of NIST-proven, two-pressure humidity calibration systems, and has an immediate opening for an experienced Welder/Machinist.
- Must be proficient in TIG/GTAW of stainless steel and mild steel; with and without purge
- Must be proficient in oxyacetylene brazing and soldering of copper and brass
- Must be able to operate machine tools necessary to saw, cut, drill, bore, tap, turn, mill, and grind parts
- Must be able to operate electric/pneumatic hand grinders, die grinders and DA sanders in order to perform grinding and finish sanding of parts
- Possess a working knowledge to safely use hand tools for drilling, tapping, and honing of metal parts
- Must possess ability to use measuring instruments such as calipers, protractors, micrometers, dial indicators and different gages to maintain accurate dimensions and tolerances to specifications
- Must be able to use/follow welding drawings, blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions
- When required, must possess sufficient knowledge to perform quality checks on other welder’s work
- Must be willing and able to safely operate forklift; training and certification will be provided
- Perform other welding, machining, and fabricating tasks as required
- Must be able to work alone without constant assistance from supervision
- Must be well organized, a strong communicator and have a team-centered focus, possess a friendly, proactive personal style with exceptional communication skills
- Experience in a similar work environment
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- Applicant must possess high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- 5+ years of similar experience is preferred but may be waived based on applicant’s skill/ability
- Salary based on experience
- Competitive benefits including health, life and, dental insurance. Vacation/sick leave time, tuition assistance, short/long term disability, and 401K/Profit Sharing are also provided
(no phone calls please)
Click the Submit Resume button to attach your resume. Put in the subject line of the E-mail: Thunder Job Resume Attached.
*Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader or compatible (PDF) format.
*Adobe, and the Adobe Reader are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.